At this weeks Crafty Piglets meeting we had a go at making a Tower card. There are lots of different versions on You Tube, and this one fits into our UK C6 envelope perfectly
Card/paper pieces needed:
Designer Series Paper (1): 4-1/8" x 4-1/4"
4 coordinating card pieces: 4-1/8" x 2-7/8"
2 pieces designer series paper (1): 4" x 2-3/4"
2 pieces designer series paper (2): 4" x 2-3/4"
2 pieces designer series paper (1): 4" x 1-5/8"
2 pieces designer series paper (2): 4" x 1-5/8"
Your choice of die cuts/stamped images to decorate, I used the Lovely Me Label punch shape and fussy cut images from designer series paper
1. On long side of designer series paper that measures 4-1/8" x 4-1/4" score at 1" , 2", 3" and 4"
2. Fold and burnish score lines and glue to make a square tube
3. Add designer series pieces that measure 4" x 2-7/8/2 to coordinating card pieces
4. Flatten tube and add squiggle of glue to right hand face of tube and add one of your mats
5. Add squiggle of glue to left hand face and add a 2nd mat
6. Carry on adding glue to other faces and add mats
7. Add remaining pieces of designer series paper to card faces that are not covered
8. Decorate each face as you wish
So I was ready to show the Crafty Piglets how to make this card, I made a couple of samples:
These are fun to make and are a great way to use designer series paper. For all my samples I used the lovely FREE papers from Sale-a-bration.